Submitted by: Yancy Marry
The rise in the use of mobile devices has led to the subsequent rise in the deployment of mobile apps. Since businesses small and big are going mobile after realizing the immense potential that these software tools have in generating mobility, companies are developing branded mobile apps. The use of branded apps is limited within just one organization and thus they are more effective in promoting the services and products of this enterprise. However, the concept of branded apps is also getting saturated and therefore software development companies now have to keep in mind the below prerequisites before opting for mobile application branding:
1. Keep the interests of target customers in mind The branding techniques should be decided only after analyzing the mobile needs and demands of the target customers. The branding plan should be such as to help build a mobile application that has entertaining features while also serving the mobility purposes of the customer, whether an individual or an enterprise. A successful branding plan is one which helps in marketing the app well.
2. Keep the advantages and disadvantages of mobile OS platforms in mind The branding techniques should be such as will exploit the strengths of the operating system while also keeping in mind the OS platform s weaknesses. The developer needs to understand that every platform behaves in a different manner; that is why the branding techniques should also be such that will help the app function properly no matter what the platform behavior.
3. Test an app thoroughly before submission The developer must make sure that every mobile application submitted for approval of the app store or to a reviewer is tested thoroughly. Any bugs or other forms of malfunctioning should be repaired before submission. If a mobile app freezes frequently or crashes during download, it will lead to destruction of the app s brand image.
4. Branding is dependent on app functionality The current world mobile market is a highly competitive one. This is the reason why clients always search for some unique functionality from their software. According to mobile market analysts, a mobile app brand can survive in the market for a long time only if the application is engaging to its target customers, has a high usability rate, and is updated at regular intervals.
5. Unique marketing leads to better brand promotion Once the features and functions of a mobile application are decided, the software developer must concentrate upon marketing the app in unique ways so as to promote its brand amongst an extended user base. Platforms such as media and social networking tools should be used as an essential element of app branding technique.
6. Design a referable mobile app One quick way to spread word on the brand of your mobile application is to make the software referable to the friends and family members of the target audience. If an app is referable, it will remain in the focus of an extended user base for a longer period of time. This in turn will lead to higher ratings for the software in the market. The more positive an app s rating is, the better it is for spreading awareness of its brand.
To conclude, developers must understand that just building of mobile apps for multiple platforms will not generate revenues. It is establishment of the app brand that will bring success for the designer and users.
About the Author: The author is associated with a Dallas mobile application development,
with has team of experienced mobile app developers has created over 300 applications on major mobile platforms.